A smile is the doorway to the rest of your personality; the smile has a huge impact on self-image and can greatly influence the impression when interacting with other. Many people feeling self-confident about their smile hold back on smiling because they feel uncomfortable about their smile appearance.
Many dental treatments such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and others are available to the public, but how do you know if you’re a good candidate for these treatments.
Before choosing a dentist, it’s important to determine whether you’re a good candidate for cosmetic dental improvements, a list has been compiled to help you make your decision:
- Stained, yellow or discolored teeth
- Gaps or spaces between the teeth
- Crooked teeth, uneven teeth
- Missing teeth
- White spots or pitting on the surface of the teeth
- Uneven chipped edges on the teeth
- Black metal fillings in the teeth
- When you smile does your gum show too much (gummy smile?)
- Is your gum inflamed, red, puffy or sore?
- Do you feel as if you’re holding back on smiling?
- Look in the mirror, are the white of your eyes whiter than your teeth
Most often, the cost of cosmetic dental enhancements or the fear of visiting the dentist are the biggest contributors to avoiding the next step in your smile makeover. It’s important to find and choose a good dentist, study your dental insurance plan in detail and find out what treatments your dental insurance covers.
There are many alternatives available today at an affordable cost, don’t delay your smile enhancement, dental treatments only get worse the longer you wait. Once you’ve selected a good dentist, together you can evaluate all the options available to you and decide on the best course of action. After all, you only get one smile and since it’s the doorway to the rest of your personality, you don’t want to keep that door closed; you could be missing out on many great opportunities.